Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Goofballs....

So, I haven't been posting lately due to the usual "life intrudes" stuff, but I have been keeping up with reviews for L4M. I did watch "Jesus Camp" tonight and, afterwards, immediately cleansed myself by listening to 4 hours or so of the most vile black metal that I could dig out of my collection...



A sample...





Mostly, the irrational creationist angle is what burns me the most...



At any rate, the following review from Deadtide eloquently summarizes the film.

Some interesting blogs that also discuss various surrounding issues are Religious Freaks and Thoughts From Kansas.

I'm afraid to say that I skipped the Immortal show at the Avalon (speaking of sacrilege), mostly due to the fact that I have visiting family, tickets were exorbitant, and there was no support. My next show will be Gathering Of The Bestial Legion III on August 19th...



Lastly, here's a nice shot of Muir Woods in Marin County taken by my wife that I've completely mangled into the next Hate Forest album cover...

5 comments:

Invisible Oranges said...

Heh, I've been curious about that Jesus Camp movie. I might have to hide sharp objects before watching it, though. And speaking of goddamn, that Susperia artwork is some of the ugliest I've ever seen. What were they thinking???

penguindevil said...

Jesus Camp freaked me out!

It was, somehow, worse than I had expected. I spent the whole movie seeing those terrifying poor kids in a few years when they realize the retarded gibberish they've been fed their whole life.

I imagine their whole dopey hate-filled fantasy land will come crashing down around them and they will fly bitterly and confused out the door to become hostile teenage street junkies...

dschalek said...

IO,

The Susperia album is good, but much more melodic than past efforts. The artwork is a rushed job (at best), in my opinion.

PD,

What was most striking about the Evangelical sermons depicted in the film is that the content was entirely political in nature. There was no discussion of Christ's teachings on morality, goodwill towards your fellow man, etc.; that is, all of the good things about religion. In addition, the congregations had an "us against them" mentality that is identical to the bullshit espoused by radical Islamists. Same garbage. One of my main points of contention with religion is that, throughout history, moral teachings have been usurped by political megalomaniacs that thirst for power.

DPTH International said...

It is incredible how closed minded some people still are. You make some very valid points in your comments dschalek about history and politics and religion.

I was curious about Jesus Camp, I'll have to find time and see it.

Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

damn that's an awesome photo!

BTW my blog has changed to The Metal Minute, check 'er out