Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Reach in, rip it, review it... Tymah "Transylvanian Dreams"

So, I'm slowly ripping CDs from my collection to the 500 GB external hard drive. As I do, I'll choose an album at random, post an mp3, and provide a brief review consisting of a sentence or two. Usually, I'll just pick a song at random.

Here's a Hungarian band called Tymah (or Tuman, the band's name is written is Cyrillic and looks like Tymah) with their only full-length "Transylvanian Dreams".



Song removed. Sorry, after a week or two, I'll remove the song.

Basically, really raw black metal and the vocalist is female! Sort of a Darkthrone rip off, but worth a listen.

If anyone has any tips on file compression for the mp3's, please let me know if download times are excessive. If anyone objects to a song being posted here, also let me know and I'll remove it.

3 comments:

-cja said...

my only suggestion: if you are using iTunes, rip the songs as an M4A format. it has the sound quality of a 192kbps MP3 but is usually 1-2gb less in size thereby increasing space on your external.

dschalek said...

Thanks for the tip, Cja, I have a good freeware program that does conversions from one format to another that I use. The program is called Power Converter.

penguindevil said...

Thanks for the cool MP3...

Hopefully no one objects to you posting them, I love surfing the internet for miscellaneous metal mp3's... Even with my unmentionably low score on the Metal Head Test...