Sunday, March 07, 2010

Links To New Reviews...

Thanks for your readership. My "other life" has been very busy of late (I've skipped a few shows), but I've been steadily writing reviews for the magazines to which I contribute. At any rate, here are my recently published reviews...

Abscess- Dawn of Inhumanity



Aldaaron- Nous Reviendrons Immortels



Avsky- Scorn



Bestial Mockery- Christcrushing Hammerchainsaw (reissue)



Convulse- World Without God (reissue)



Dismal Lapse- Eon Fragmentation



Perversor- Demon Metal



Sectioned- Purulent Reality



Cheers!

2 comments:

Matt Vogt said...

Maybe it's really the layout which doesn't work for me, but the reviews on The Plague always seem to have been cropped down to an insufficient length...

The about.com format I do like, however. I must say, I find your reviews on about.com much better written than those of the main guy on that site!

dschalek said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Matt. The format at About.com, being more formal, is conducive to relaying information in a more streamlined manner.

As you've undoubtedly noticed, I usually keep the body of a review to about 300 words or so. This will depend upon variables such as genre, depth of album, band in question, and so on, but all that really needs to be said about a new release can be done in, or around, that length. For the most part.

:)