Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Last Rites

I am pleased to announce that I've joined the staff at Last Rites (formerly Metal Review). I've always been keen on joining a well organized site that has an active readership that participates in serious discussions about metal without resorting to insults and name calling. This is a big deal for me, as I've always been disgusted by trolls, whether they harangue writers, or other readers/ participants on metal-related sites. Matters are even worse on news and political sites. Invisible Oranges, for example, greatly suffered from a proliferation of trolls at one time, and that's the main reason why I've never written more than a few snippets for that site, despite repeated invitations.

I will remain with Heavy Metal at About.com, however, as I remain loyal to editor Chad Bowar, who has treated me very well. As for Last Rites. I plan to contribute a couple of reviews per month or so for the near future.

My first review at Last Rites was just published, so please take a look at my review of Withdrawal, the new album from Woe.


I've also had some stuff recently published at About.com, including looks at three albums from Hells Headbangers Records in the latest batch of "shorties." You can read my reviews of albums from Cerekloth, Cultes Des Ghoules, and Impious Baptism here.




No comments: